I really do have the most Amazing friends.
Through the years (from 5-35 plus in some cases) I have met and kept the most awesome friends through this crazy of life journey that I am on.
Recently, I had some heath issues along with “career” challenges. Then toss in the “normal” challenges of life and I must say, my friends have gone above and beyond to support me and be there for me in the best ways that they can.
From phone calls, texts, driving me to appointments, employing me, being there for me, letting me stay in their homes, just genuinely Caring about my well-being.
It is a two way street we check in with each other and make an effort, even just a “I got you & I’m here with an ear if you need me” kind of thing.
I can’t do it justice to try and articulate “it” but it’s late, I have a deadline so I will give it a shot!
The top ten reasons our friendship Works and Lasts
- Calling just to “check in”. My friends and I have this built in sense of “hey maybe they just need to hear a friendly voice on the phone so I will call. It won’t be an epic conversation, though it could turn that way but they need me so I am calling.” It works for us
- A text of utter randomness or filled with rude words and love. “Hey my body hurts like I was hit by a train so I thought of you and hope you’re well. Love and gropes.” Yeah we are like that but worse!
- An open invite to stay at each other’s homes. Even the friend who publically puts on Facebook No One is to stay over. Yeah they mean it for 97% of the population – guess who’s in that 3%?!
- They offer to drive you Anywhere. Medical appointments earn you special stars in heaven. I have a few angels I count as friends on this one! Anywhere can also mean drive bys (not shootings *ahem), the store to get you meds for a plague that has struck you down, to a kid related event and actually stay with you and not drive off (*another star in heaven group) and just go with you almost anywhere!
- They are ALWAYS THERE for each other.
- We feed each other. Whether it is cereal and milk, sushi, random breakfast, something we created or meal in a bag, the point is we give nourishment to each other in more than just food, but you won’t go hungry with any of my friends!
- We help each other out financially when possible. This can be anything from cleaning each other’s homes, giving a few dollars just cause, to selling items on eBay or supporting each other in business. None of us have gotten so bent about money that it has cause a problem with our relationships because friends help friends. Period.
- We can go sometimes weeks or months without actually talking or seeing each other but always pick up like it was yesterday. We don’t do it often but it happens. Thank God for texting!
- We don’t judge. Really. It seems weird in this time of the judgmental society and we just don’t do it. We may not agree with each other but we don’t judge and we move on through it. We wait it out and talk about it. But we Never judge.
- We love each other unconditionally. We truly do. How else can you survive in this world if it wasn’t for the love of you friends and family?!
Friends are the family you choose.
I believe they are souls you knew in a past life and you find each other again. There is no other way I can explain the connection I have with my friends otherwise.
They all know about each other though sadly not all have met.
I wouldn’t expect all of them to get along because they are all so different.
We all have a common core part of our being that just knows and accepts that person for who we are.
I didn’t set out to make all of these fabulous friends.
I see it as I was just fortunate to find the loves of my past lives and share this life with them!
Have a Fabulous Friday and Enjoy your Holiday Weekend My Fabulously Graceless Friends!
So glad you’ve joined the madness of my mind!